Monday, July 27, 2020

The Next best Thing to Being There.

Hi everyone!  I hope all are doing well, staying safe and enjoying the summer heat! (if you're a fan of the heat)
It's not the same as hearing the stories and getting to see them in person, but I am so grateful for those of you sending in pictures to share on the blog. 

Melanie Tubinis is getting us started this month.

I made this quilt as part of a wedding gift.  I used the pattern "Stepping Stones" from Fabric Cafe patterns. 
Here's a close-up of the free motion quilting I did on it.

I made an extra large bag out of an old denim skirt.  The skirt had suspender straps attached to it, so I just stitched the bottom closed with 3 rows of stitching.  I did the middle row in a decorative stitch for a bit of fun and added strength.
Here's a close-up of the detail on the skirt turned bag

I hope to see more pictures soon.  As long as I'm hoping, I hope to see you all very soon!!


Ann Renica sent in this picture, and a story...

I was in Florida when the pandemic hit and joined a group in Tampa/St Pete to sew face masks for hospitals and nursing homes.  I continued sewing masks when I returned to Rochester hooking up with the Rochester City School District when my daughter Lynn, a district teacher, told me there was a need with their food and tech employees.  I sewed a total of 1300 masks when I took a sabbatical to make a quilt for my granddaughter Allie’s graduation from high school.  It was finished just in time for her party.  It’s a scrappy scattered squares.

No comments: