Sunday, November 8, 2020

Catching up a little bit

 I'm so sorry to those few who showed items on our most recent zoom.  I grabbed a few screen shots, that aren't very good pictures at all, and felt it wouldn't make a good blog post at all, so I didn't bother.  

But I guess I should post something every month in case some of you are coming here to see what your fellow guild members are doing.  I don't keep in touch well with anyone from guild, so our monthly meetings were my only place to check in with people.  I hope some of you have closer connections than I do, and are getting together in whatever way is safe/ comfortable for you!

Connie Grimsley, Vinnie Thjung, Jennifer Grimsley and Sue Privatera have formed a virtual Sunday night sewing circle  and it is always fun to see the little projects they have worked on.

These are little cord wraps- for chargers and such.


I think Connie Said Vinnie suggested this leaf


Just in time for Halloween, a little pumpkin mat.


Microwave bowl cozies- using the microwave safe batting!

Nancy Ellers was working on a string quilt, and shared her progess.

The chicken might be by Elaine Lemley- I'm so sorry ... it's hard enough to get screen shots without trying to write down who is showing stuff. 

 

Martha shared a quilt she had hoped to finish for the quilt show.  I'm sure with two more years, she'll get it done- right???

 

The community service committee has been busy!  Six wheelchair sized quilts were donated to the VA- one is pictured below.  We received a thank you from the VA, saying the vets' "eyes just light up and they were so happy to receive them"


Gift bags have been coming in for the Salvation Army annual collection.  You have until November 21 to turn in bags.   For more details, see the guild webpage. 


I'll try to do better after the November meeting- if there are things to share.  Please keep in touch.  We'll be together again!!!

No comments: